Carolyn & Dakota

Friday, September 6, 2013
I just can't seem to get away from all of the awesome things they have at Carolyn's Closet. It's an on going estate sale in my area who made a Facebook page to post some of the things they are trying to get rid of. I've been to 2 of their properties more than 5 times already because they keep digging out all of this new and awesome stuff! A lot of it is really nice vintage that's perfect for what I'm going for for the new house. Just recently I purchased the perfect piece for my front room. I feel like all my time and energy with the house just keeps going back to this 'collectors' room. It's a 4 foot tall hutch and I'm just obsessed with it. As soon as I saw it posted I made arrangements to go and pick it up. Though the rest of the room is still coming together - but I just looove this piece. 


My next plan for purchase is one of the upright pianos they have. They posted this idea from pinterest (I'm assuming) on how to turn it into something similar to a butcher block. Underneath the chalkboard in my kitchen is just a big area that we planned on adding more counter top to make some more room. When we came to look at the house in the beginning, the old owners had a large china cabinet in that area and it made the whole kitchen come together. I think this will be a great addition, now just to figure out how to get it here…



There is a lot of 'new' in Daisy, mine, and joe's life this year. We figured we'd keep the trend going…. So Meet Dakota! Our new little Australian Shepherd babe. : )




I haven't had a pup since my dad's dog Luke. It's a nice challenge and of course I'm always up for one. 



So far she's been great, nothing too outrageous - except for accidents and the day she chewed my glasses…

~ Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment