Chicago

Friday, September 20, 2013
A couple friends and I just went on a trip to Chicago for Riot Fest. We went with the intention of being spontaneous and not having any real plans other than the concert. Let me tell you - it was amazing. It was nice knowing there was no pressure to go and do certain things and stay as long as possible to get everything in. We left on Friday early morning and got there around 3pm. (It's close to a 13 hour drive for us with pit stops) It was a great time. We hung around the hotel getting ready for Friday night - grabbed some food then just crashed. Come Saturday it was by far the best outdoor fest I've ever been too. Weather had a lot to do with it. We couldn't have asked for a better day. Other outdoor events I've gone to like Warped Tour and such have been in the dead middle of summer and it was always too ridiculously hot to really enjoy what was going on. We were bummed at first because we thought we may have picked the wrong day. The closer the event came Sunday's lineup kept looking more and more appealing, but as the day went on and we realized there was way more to do than just watching bands it was perfect. The event was part carnival too with side show acts and everything and I'm nutty about carnivals! On top of that - seeing Blink-182 has been on my bucket list since I was 13. My preteen and teenage self was stoked.











and we went to chicago music exchange which was awesome :)
~ Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment