We're here!

Friday, August 16, 2013
It's taken us a couple of weeks but we are starting to feel settled. Joe's got a new job that he really likes, I've finished up a lot of client work, Daisy feels at home. Things are looking up! It's a bummer that we feel as if our whole summer was spent working up to this moment. But it's all ok with me since my favorite season is fall anyway!







We've accepted the fact that this house isn't going to turn into a home over night. I'm always one to get to the finish line quickly in order to sit back and enjoy what I've done. However in this situation, it's the journey that matters. There's no reason to rush as time is on our side. We're here for the long haul, thank god, I am SO over moving.

In the middle of my racing mind with this house and things I want to do - I went on a little trip to New York City last weekend to drop off some friends at the airport. And the hunt for cool stuff begins. It was also super inspiring. After dropping our friends off, another friend and I went from town to town on the way back home poking around. We saw a handful of awesome antique shops that we just couldn't pass up.  I knew I would spend everything I had on this little trip, so I took very limited cash. Leaving that urge splurge still lingering when I got back. (Luckily we'll be going back to pick them up)

But there was a place back home getting rid of some really cool stuff for super cheap, so at least I got my hands on SOME things!













 *********
copper watering can & my first plant in the house ... via mom : )


old gas can


a tea/coffee set, some ceramic bowls, & metal pitchers (?)


hand blown glass pumpkin



Moving into this house, finishing school, & leveling my work load, It's also a big time for me personally to better my self as a professional & start working towards the goals that I have put off for way too long. I have a lot I want to accomplish & I have no reason not to move forward now. I guess this is just a little self motivator for me.

It's also motivating to me when there's such a nice success involved. This summer Arts on the Square was amazing. Everyone who had part in it was absolutely incredible to work with. I'm so proud of the ScrantonMade team and I cannot WAIT until next year.

















~ Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment